Thursday, December 24, 2015

Vintage Postcards - Santa's Village, Part II

Today I proudly present part deaux of Ken Martinez's collection of vintage Santa's Village postcards! Take it away, Ken:

More Santa's Village (Part Two)

Back again with more Santa's Village!

Here's Frosty's Snowball Ride in Dundee, Illinois. Sort of like the Mad Tea Party with a "Frozen" overlay. There's definitely a difference in the trees and terrain compared to the two California parks. We had the Snowball Ride in Scotts Valley, but I never heard of it being in Skyforest. Does anyone know if there was a Snowball Ride in Skyforest?


Here's another image of Santa's Village in Dundee featuring the Christmas Tree ride. Notice the openness and flatness of the terrain. Besides the back-of-card label it's easy to tell it's in Dundee.


Here we have the Easter Bunny next to his attraction. Both Skyforest and Scotts Valley had the Easter Bunny's Nursery attraction. Not sure about Dundee. I love the holiday related characters they had roaming the park.


Here's Jack Pumpkin Head. He's cool looking. I've never seen him in Scotts Valley, but I have seen the Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny characters.


I'm pretty sure that all three parks had a Bobsled Ride. This could either be Skyforest of Scotts Valley. I'm not sure. Note the Easter Bunny and Jack Pumpkin Head in the coaster train.


Well that's the end of your two-part visit to the Santa's Villages. I hope you enjoyed and hope that you have a great holiday season.

Information source material:
www.santasvillage.net   History of Santa's Village

Oh man, it's almost Christmas! Hopefully I will get that Star Wars underwear that I have been coveting for so long. Are you listening, Santa?

Thank you to Ken for taking the time to scan his postcards and provide excellent text for these fun postcards from classic California (and Illinois!) attractions!

8 comments:

Nanook said...

Ken-

Thank you again for sharing these images from Santa's Village. It's always fun seeing views from this parks locations.

TokyoMagic! said...

Great collection of postcards, Ken! Gee, I wonder if Cupid and Uncle Sam lived at Santa's Village too?

Chuck said...

Ken, thanks again! Perfect mood-setter for today!

K. Martinez said...

Nanook, You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed these.

TokyoMagic! I don't think Cupid or Uncle Sam lived in Santa's Village but that would've been cool along with a leprechaun. Maybe they all reside at Holiday World in Indiana.

Chuck, Talking of mood-setters, I'm looking forward to see what Major posts tomorrow for Christmas Day.

Thank you all for the your support and comments on my postcard series this year. Looking forward to sharing more of my collection with you in 2016.

Anonymous said...

Very seasonal indeed. Thanks to Ken and the Major.

Best to all for the holidays.

JG

Nancy said...

Fun views for the holiday season. The presence of Jack Pumpkin Head and the Easter Bunny make me think of The Nightmare Before Christmas, which Rachel and I will be watching later tonight!!

Thanks for all the great images from everyone here, I really enjoy seeing them every day thru the year. :-)

K. Martinez said...

JG, glad you enjoyed, Happy holidays to you too!

Nancy, It's great to hear from you. You're right! It is very TNBC. I usually watch it around Thanksgiving because it's between Halloween and Christmas.

Monkey Cage Kurt said...

Thanks Ken. This stuff is pure gold!