Sunday, December 13, 2015

Previously Rejected

Here are two slides that were rejects, but I figured they are nice enough for a lazy Sunday.

This one (circa 1960) is obviously not a great shot, but I am always happy to see the House of the Future. It is well known that this example cost a small fortune, but I've theorized that if they had caught on and gone into mass production, they would have been relatively inexpensive to build. How many people would love to own a house like this, as small as it is? I've also assumed that a real-life version would probably be a bit larger, perhaps by as much as 1/3. Just a guess!


This one might have been an OK slide, except that there was an error in the processing, and we can see a small chunk of another photo to our right. I have two more pictures from this lot that have the same issue, but I cleaned those up and they look pretty good anyway. You'll see them one of these days.


9 comments:

Monkey Cage Kurt said...

How could you ever think of these as rejects? We’re flippin standing on the deck of the Chicken of the Sea pirate ship looking out over vintage 1960s Fantasyland. What’s rejectable about that?

TokyoMagic! said...

I agree with Kurt about these. First of all, I love ANY pics of the Fantasyland pirate ship, but this one is different than the majority of them. And I like that HOTF pic because we can see some of the people inside. I think that man is using the electric razor......or maybe it's the electric toothbrush.

Nanook said...

Major-

Gotta agree with Monkey Cage Kurt & TokyoMagic! on these images - especially the Fantasyland view. Once again there appears to be a "skyhook" just to the left of the green Skyway car, but undoubtedly it's a block and halyard from the Pirate Ship, the angle of the shot making it appear as if it's suspended down from the heavens.

Once again, thanks Major, for pressing the 'un-reject button'-! (I gotta get me one of them contraptions.)

Chuck said...

Thanks for unrejecting these, Major!

Monkey Cage Kurt said...

I think the consensus is that we are not hard to please.

Thanks Major, these are indeed really great!

Anonymous said...

What Monkey Cage Kurt said. Both times.

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

Monkey Cage Kurt, for a while I felt like I should only share exceptional images. Obviously that tenet went out the window a long time ago! The view from the Pirate Ship is OK (nothing too special), but it has that 1/8 portion that is another photo (on the right)!!

TokyoMagic!, I thought I had a LOT of photos that were similar to the Fantasyland image, but maybe not?! I do like it when you can see people filing through the plastic house.

Nanook, that skyhook was the inspiration for Kareem Abdul Jabar. Don’t worry, I have lots more “unrejected” slides to come!

Chuck, you’re welcome!

Monkey Cage Kurt, ha ha. Lucky for me! While I wish that ever photo I posted was a treasure, many are pretty mundane.

JG, OK!

K. Martinez said...

I agree with everyone and everything is awesome!

Major Pepperidge said...

Ken, your opinion is controversial!!