Saturday, October 23, 2010

Christmas Parade 1965

I hope that all of you are like me and have finished your Christmas shopping!

Maybe some photos of a vintage Disneyland parade will put you in the correct frame of mind. We've got ourselves a primo spot on the steps of the train station. It just so happens that my favorite scene from any Disneyland parade is passing down below; a magnificent Rajah seated in his palanquin. But who cares about him? I'm all about the scantily-clad dancing girls!


Oooo, the magenta spotlight! We all know what that means! Wink, wink. Actually I have no idea. I was hoping you could tell me. For a better look at those dancing girls, please take a look here! You'll be glad you did.


Goofy's on shore leave, and has invited Minnie Mouse out for a spin in his old wreck of a car. Did Bob Gurr have anything to do with that automobile??


Please use the word palanquin 10 times today in casual conversation.

4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Notice the camel's first hump is higher in that second pic. There is footage of this parade on an episode of The Wonderful World of Disney that shows the humps popping up and down. Weird!

I remember seeing Goofy and his trick car in "Disney On Parade" at the Anaheim Convention Center in 1969!

JG said...

You got me at "Dancing Girls".

Also, Goofy's car is great!

JG

Chiana_Chat said...

I should go take a walk but I'm so tired today, I just know I'll get a few feet and wish for a palanquin.

That's one down anyway...

How did that girl in the top pic happen to know to look up right at us just that moment? The other girl is auditioning. At least for a few moments, the Dads were glad they waited for the parade. ;)

That car just doesn't have the fit and finish to be a Gurr-mobile. ;)

Nancy said...

like the spotlight...reminds me of an ice show!

nighttime images have something special about them, and mine never turn out this nice

thanks for sharing :)

what exactly is a palanquin, anyway?