Friday, June 04, 2010

Two from July 1, 1959

Here's a disturbing way to begin your Friday! Unless you read this bog later in the day. In which case, never mind.

A Little Pig has somehow wound up in Tomorrowland; I think it's one of the loser brothers who built his house of either hay or twigs; now he's begging for spare change. That costume leaves a lot to be desired; and it needs a good wash too, presumably from kneeling down to "kid level". The feet look like modified loafers, and the hands are white gloves with black cloth to hide the fingers. Stay away from me, scary thing.


Ah, this is more like it! Things feel more atomic already. A great view of the Monsanto Plastic Home of the Future, still surrounded by the banners that were in place for the big "Summer '59" celebration.

12 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

CREEEEEEEEPY!

stu29573 said...

That costume looks just like an old "Piggly Wiggly" store's logo....Hmmmmm, maybe he's just really lost?

Connie Moreno said...

LOL LOL LOL! You know, I started checking this blog because of the photos but it's your commentary that keeps me coming back. Hilarious!!! Good thing I read it early in the morning while I'm still alone in the office!

The Viewliner Limited said...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEESE.... Don't run this kind of picture combination again. It is to much for the old mind to take.

I am glad the HOF is not part of the 3 Little Pigs Story.

Daveland said...

That pig looks a little loco in the eyes.

thepicklebarrel said...

characters with no pants....gotta love 'em!

on the monsanto pic...lord! just when i thought i knew every configuration of the summer '59 shields! now there's pennants!

will it ever end?

Anonymous said...

The Non-Loser Brick Pig, who was named, if I recall my comics correctly, "Practical Pig", had a grandson who became an architect and constructed the HOF out of plastic.

Anyone remember the names of the other two pig brothers, Straw and Sticks?

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

JG, I think they were just referred to as the "Fiddler Pig" and the "Piper Pig".

outsidetheberm said...

Yeah, the image of that pig is a heck of a way to end the day, too. Thanks.

It almost looks like he's wearing his pants backwards - or is that a thong?

Nancy said...

good grief...talk about polar opposites! im glad you put our lovely HOF second so THAT would be the lingering memory of these two....

those ppl behind the pig look like they just cant get away fast enough...i know that would be my thought!!

HOF never fails to bring a big smile then a bit of a sad face for me since i never got to see it...still want to know WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING!! :(

Chuck said...

I liked the green, glowing text you used for "atomic." Do I need to decontaminate my monitor to avoid long-term radiation exposure?

Paul M. Carhart said...

For some reason, I'm thinking they're, as Major said, Fidler Pig and, not as Major said, Fife Pig.

I could be wrong though. I thought I was wrong one time but I was mistaken.