Thursday, October 01, 2009

Twofer Tomorrowland, June 1959

I never get tired of early views of Tomorrowland (it is my favorite land, after all). The dressed-up pre-fab sheds that make up most of the buildings have a rinky-dink feel, but I love 'em anyway. Maybe because of what was inside; all of those wonderful, obscure sponsored exhibits (among others).


We were in the neighborhood and just wanted to stop by and use the ultrasonic toilet (or whatever it was), but it looks like nobody's home. I knew we should have called first.

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I never get tired of these Vintage Tomorrowland either, its my favorite land too! Looks like a beautiful clear day - HOTF is gleaming!

Katella Gate said...

What? Ultrasonic toilets? You mean toilets of the future were supposed to vibrate? Talk about happy hygiene.

Silliness aside, despite the soft focus, this is one of the very nicest HotF pictures I've seen. Beautiful gray blues and gray greens and the bonus is you can see into the interiors, which rarely happens because of lighting conditions.

Nancy said...

so beautiful was this view of Tomorrowland...i missed seeing the colorful posters and the flags that greeted guests as they entered Disney's first world of the future! :D

thanks so much for posting them. Tomorrowland is also my favorite land ;)

Unknown said...

Hmmm.. I'm envisioning a backyard man cave in the form of a home of the future...