Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fantasyland Snapshots, December 1964

Today I have four old-fashioned snapshots, just like grandma used to take. They're not the greatest photos in the world either, which makes them even more like grandma's examples.

I like Skull Rock because it looks like it is always throwing up. One too many tuna sandwiches. I know how you feel, pal.


The next three are from the Skyway. I think I am posting them in the order in which they were taken. Might as well get a bird's eye view of that vomiting skull...


... and here we look past the poop deck (heh heh) towards Cinderella's dream castle. She sure has tiny dreams.


And finally, a ho-hum look down at the empty Storybook Land canal and deserted Casey Jr. tracks towards Fantasyland Station. The pirate ship dining area is to our right, beneath the canopy that looks as if it was fashioned from a spare sail.

5 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat Granny Set! I always thought Skull Rock was on continuous puke mode too, gotta love that!! I like it a night when the water looks green! These little snap shots are always fun, thanks!

Katella Gate said...

Obviously, we are all on the same frequency here... when I was a kid, skull rock also reminded me of a perpetual vomit fit.

More interesting is the fountain in Palos Verdes Estates of king Neptune and mermaids. The mermaids are bare-breasted, from which they squeeze never-ending streams of water. I suppose they couldn't afford to fill the fountain with milk.

Chiana_Chat said...

huh. I thought poor Skully was perpetually drooling after the maiden mascot of the Pirate Ship, the chick of his seas, yessir.

Nancy said...

love these "Brownie" camera shots.

Casey looks as tho he may topple over and roll down the hillside! :-o

Anonymous said...

One of my fondest childhood memories ... the sweet smell of Grandma baking photos in her kitchen on a Sunday afternoon.

Until Polaroid came along...