Sunday, November 30, 2008

Main Street, December 1960

Arg! Yes, I said arg. I just got back from a long drive home, so today is going to be a quickie post.

Photo numero uno: A look up Main Street, and the halls are decked with boughs of somethin'. Not holly, looks like evergreen branches. I wonder if there were lights in the swags of greenery? It wasn't hard to find a water fountain back in those days, this one was right in the middle of the action.


OK, here's a mystery photo, mixed in with the same batch of December 1960 images. This miniature carriage resembles Cinderella's magic coach (OK, maybe not). Was it on display in some Main Street window or store? Only the shadow knows...

8 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Welcome back Major! hey, that drinking fountain photo looks familiar, check out this picture (link) from my post today of a 1969 Vacationland. Its an ad for C & H Sugar and the bag of sugar is sitting right on top of that drinking fountain, with some flowers around it to hide the faucet and bowl!! Fun post, thanks!

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow Tim, you get a gold star for being so observant! Very cool to see that old C & H add, I think I have seen it in several old Vacationlands.

Katella Gate said...

Ok: Disneyland Triple Word Score if you can tell me what the lettering said on the water fountain knob.

Hint: one was the Greek letter delta, the rest were in English.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Ωμέγα or Omega??

Major Pepperidge said...

I have NO idea what the lettering was on the water fountain knog.

BUT... how come I never hear anything about the C & H sugar corner? Except for this ad, I wouldn't even know it existed.

Major Pepperidge said...

knog

Anonymous said...

My guess is the Carriage was a display item in the Glassblower's Shop...

Nancy said...

the trees seem especially abundant there on Main Street...are there still that many? we havent been there since 2005 but i dont recall that many

the carriage is very pretty; we can see the glass (Cinderella?) figurine sitting on the right side, on her way to the ball! :)