Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Pair from 1967

Perhaps, like me, you've reached a moment in your life when you become aware of a certain emptiness, an ache and a longing for something. Slowly it began to dawn on me that the only thing that can alleviate those feelings is by owning more woolens! Yes, I long for those itchy wool sweaters of yesterday, and the smell of damp wool coats in the closet in winter. Need a "49er jacket"? Just head on over to the Pendleton shop at Disneyland.

I am interested in the benches shaded by a leafy bower, how long were those at Disneyland? And what's that nun doing there? Also, why is that upstair awning missing from the Golden Horseshoe?


The Disneyland Fire Department has to be one of the sleepiest fire departments in the world. How often have they been called upon to extinguish a blaze? They don't even get to rescue cats from trees (because, unknown to most guests, animatronic Abe can do that in a jiffy). The DL fire department is jealous of the Maytag repair man!


There is some scaffolding visible over that fence, I wonder if it was used for regular paint maintenance?

7 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

I figured it out, you are "Certifiable". LOL - Great pictures and good humor. Thanks for both.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

"Nuns at Disneyland"... Why does that simultaneously make me laugh and make me stand up strait? Somehow I just can't picture Sister Mary on the Matterhorn, but maybe she can....

THANKS for the neat post!

Anonymous said...

That "window" never had an awning because it's a door. You can see the hydraulic door closer at the top left, along with the different framing and glass size.

Anonymous said...

"Pendletons" as they called the long sleeved plaid shirts, were very popular in southern Californiadiromg tje 1960's.

Anonymous said...

I just got in from visiting Disneyland today and was in the old "Pendleton's" Store... for 30 seconds ... which is the walking speed from door to door. I don't remember what I saw. Some of it had glitter on it, some if it was plush. I don't think any of it was wool and I KNOW Davy Crockett wouldn't wear ANY of it.

Katella Gate

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else notice the cigarette?

DZ

pixiegirltink said...

I thought those benches were still there?