Monday, August 27, 2007

Yellowstone Coach, 1955

Here's a rare look at the Yellowstone Coach, which had a short life carrying passengers through Frontierland (apparently on the same route as the Stage Coach). I'm not sure why this was not a successful attraction; the Yellowstone Coach doesn't look like it would tip over like the Stage Coach was liable to do. And it was nice and open on the sides for better viewing. Seating looked more comfortable too. I wonder what ever happened to the vehicle...is it in storage? Or did they sell it to some lucky person?

In the background, one flock of pack mules is underway, while another (to the left) is just returning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Major. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy the site. Every day I come here and for a few minutes drift away to the Disneyland of my memory. This makes me a healthier person. Thank you for taking the time to post your treasures for the rest of the world to enjoy. And BTW, Your Soylent Green comments were absolutely hilarious. Honestly I laughed out loud when I read them.

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks for the nice comment, sundaynight! I'm glad you enjoy the blog...keep on checking in. I still have some good stuff left to share...for a while anyway!