Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pirate Ship Ahoy!

Yeah, yeah...you need another photo of the Pirate Ship like you need a case of cooties. But you have to admit that it's a nice picture! BOLD, brightly patterned clothing was the name of the game in those days.


There was a request yesterday from somebody who wanted to see the Kaiser Aluminum Telescope photo in all of its 3-D glory. So I scanned the pair and have included them here for any of you who can "freeview". Sorry it's small, when I tried to make it work at a larger size it induced major eye strain. The 3-D effect isn't spectacular, there's no major foreground element....hope it works for you!


Incidentally, some websites recommended "crosseyed" viewing (placing the left image on the right and the right image on the left), and others recommended "parallel" viewing (left for left and right for right). I put these up for parallel viewing, FYI.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the 3-D works! Just relax your eyes, stare a moment and then view the 'center' image of the three that appear. How fun. Any others? Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Parallel viewing rules! I had no problem getting the 3D effect at a normal eye distance from the monitor.

If you do decide to host "3D first Fridays" (hint) remember to save these image size and distance settings as a template.

Thanks for posting - Katella Gate

Major Pepperidge said...

I only have a few decent stereo slides, so I'm not sure if this will become a regular feature!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting both photos!

Connie Moreno said...

Love that ship!

Monkey Cage Kurt said...

Once I got a good bead on the 3-D, I (for the life of me) couldn’t pull my eyes away no matter how hard I tried. Finally I had to close my eyes and look away from the monitor. First time I’ve ever tried that on the computer. It worked, though I still like wiggle vision better.