Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tomorrowland


I've always loved Tomorrowland - - more specifically the original version and the 1967 version. Of course there's the "cool factor" of a rocket to the moon, nuclear submarines, flying saucers, and monorails. But I also find that the hopeful (naive?) dream of a better tomorrow is extremely appealing.

That's probably one of the reasons I am fond of the two New York World's Fairs. 1939's "World of Tomorrow" was particularly evocative, especially to a country still suffering through the Depression (and on the brink of war). And while the 1964 fair's official theme was "Peace Through Understanding", it is remembered by many as a salute to progress and the space age (among other things).

Maybe that's why I never get tired of looking at Tomorrowland, my favorite!

1 comment:

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Don't know HOW you do it - but PLEASE! Keep doin' it! Thanks again.