Saturday, December 23, 2006

Matterhorn, July 1963

I don't know about you, but I'd like a little break from Christmas right about now! So today I am offering a nice view of the Matterhorn as taken from Tomorrowland. I love the vibrant blue sky on this crowded July day! And there's the Yacht Bar to the left...I can almost smell the burgers.

Just a note for you folks who check out this blog daily (thanks!), I am leaving town later today to celebrate Christmas with my family. So for the next four days, the posts might be sporadic...I'm not really sure if I'll have regular access to a computer. I am preparing some drafts so they'll be ready to go, if possible. If not, it will be nice to take a few days off, I have to admit!

4 comments:

Tinker Bell said...

Great shot! I never got to eat at (or see) the Yacht Bar, but it has become intriguing to me since seeing all these great vintage photos of it.
If you don't get to more posts, have a very merry Christmas! Thanks again for all the great photos you share!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- Have a safe and happy Christmas. I hope your travel is easy and enjoy the time with your family!

By the way, great shot of the Matterhorn. I can never get enough shots of the Matterhorn!

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks Tinker Bell and Matterhorn! I will probably post at least once or twice in the next few days, but Merry Christmas to both of you as well!

thepicklebarrel said...

see ya, major! happy xmas and all that rot!