Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Around the World, 1960 (part 4)

Here are the last three backstage photos from the "Christmas in Many Lands" parade. The first one leaves something to be desired, but I'm including it for anybody out there who might want all of the details that can be gleaned from these pictures.


Wow, this school had a great look! All white...I love the indian headdresses. Back in the good old days, it was cool to participate in the band and show your school spirit!


Walt Disney was obviously interested in the many costumes and cultures of countries around the world. Tomorrow I will post another slide from this same lot that, in my opinion, demonstrates that the basic concept for what became "It's a Small World" had existed for years before the New York World's Fair.

1 comment:

Matterhorn1959 said...

I believe the pictures show Holidayland outside of the berm. On a later overhead view of Disneyland, I can see a similar structure where Holidayland was located.