Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Subs and Tomorrowland from Skyway, 1960


We're heading towards the Tomorrowland Skyway station, and wow, what a view! I've always loved that blue-green sub lagoon...on a hot summer day I've imagined jumping in even without the lovely mermaids.

The passenger train is chugging by in the distance...just about to roll into the Grand Canyon diorama (I think). This is 1960, so it's pre-Primeval World, at any rate.

Even in this rather narrow view, I can see six attractions (seven if you count the Space Bar), the park was chock full o'fun in those days. And it still amazes me to see the amount of undeveloped land so close to Disneyland (I amaze easily)!

1 comment:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Wow, that is all I can say is Wow! One of the best shots I have seen of this section of the park. I like the train in the far background as an extra added color and point of interest.